Canyon ISD Instructional Technology Vision
Canyon ISD will create a rich learning environment which prepares all students for the 21st century by emphasizing:
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Creativity and Innovation
· We believe every student must have a technology device in hand.
· We believe students must have access to broadband.
· We believe students must have access to digital content.
· We believe students and teachers must have online learning communities to collaborate, communicate, and improve teaching and learning.
· We believe teachers must feel supported through ongoing professional development.
21st century learners use technology as a tool for 21st century skills including collaboration, communication, creativity, innovation, problem solving, information literacy, media literacy, life skills, career skills, flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, productivity, accountability, social skills, cultural skills, global awareness, civic, health, environmental, financial, economic, business, and entrepreneur literacy. Technology also empowers students to integrate these 21st century skills within their classroom curriculum and their future workplace.
CISD Director of Instructional Technology:
Debbie Boyer, Director of Instructional Technology
Administrative Assistants for Curriculum and Professional Development: