Dear Paraprofessional Applicant:
We appreciate your interest in a position with the Canyon Independent School District. Please take a moment to review the instructions before beginning our online application process.
If you need assistance completing the application, you may:
Call the CISD Human Resources Department at 806.677.2600; or
E-mail HR@canyonisd.net; or
Visit the Central Administration Building and ask for assistance from a Human Resources Representative.
1. All information requested on the online application should be filled out completely. Fields with a red arrow next to it require an answer; the online application will not let you move forward until you enter an answer.
2. A copy of your high school diploma, GED or college transcripts will be required upon submission of your application. You may attach copies of these documents to the application or mail them to Canyon ISD – Human Resources at 3301 N 23rd St., Canyon, Texas 79015.
3. References must be listed as requested. You will need to include the full name, title, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Providing email addresses for references allows us to expedite the application process more efficiently. Please obtain the correct address, zip codes and phone numbers for all of your references.
4. The criminal history and background check information must be completed prior to submitting an application.
5. All title I schools require that instructional aides meet No Child Left Behind “highly qualified” requirements, which means you must have an Associate’s degree, 48+ college credit hours or a passing score on the CISD Paraprofessional Assessment Exam (see Human Resources web page for additional information).