6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Cheer Parent Meet / East Cafe
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Theatre Rehearsal / RHS Auditorium
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM RHS Boys & Girls Soccer vs.Caprock / Bivins
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM RHS Boys & Girls Soccer vs. Dumas / Home
7:00 PM Board of Trustees Meeting
All final decisions on the appropriateness of school dress will rest with campus administrators.
If a student violates the dress code, the student will be given the opportunity to correct the problem. If a student cannot correct the problem, student will be assigned to ISS for the remainder of the day or until the problem is corrected.
· Shall be neat, clean and well groomed;· Must not obstruct the student’s vision or a view of the student’s face;· If a hairstyle, coloring, or design causes a significant disruption to the school and learning environment, the student will be directed to change the hairstyle or remove the coloring or design;· Notching of the eyebrows is prohibited;· Mustaches and beards will be kept neatly trimmed, clean and will not be excessive in nature.
· Wearing either identified gang apparel or wearing clothing in a gang-style as identified by law enforcement agencies is prohibited.· Clothing may not advertise, condone, depict or promote the use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, suicide, death, racism, bigotry, violence, gang topics, the occult, vulgar or obscene language and/or topics that are gang related or sexual in nature.· Sheer clothing is prohibited unless non-revealing clothing that meets dress code is worn underneath.· Hats, caps, sweatbands, bandanas, visors, or other head coverings may not be worn in the school building except on approved occasions.· Long overcoats or trench coats are prohibited.· Pajamas or slippers may not be worn at school.
Shirts and blouses
· Must be buttoned appropriately
· The midriff must be covered at all times, including when arms are raised over the student’s head and when the student is seated.
· The entire shoulder and back must be covered. Spaghetti straps, tank tops, racer (t-backs) and halter tops are prohibited unless layered over an appropriate shirt or blouse.
· Undergarments should not be visible anywhere, including the armholes.
· Necklines must not be low or revealing. The back of shirts and dress tops will be no lower than the top of the armpits.
· Must fit appropriately over the hips. Sagging or bagging with pants or shorts shall not be permitted.
· Rolled waist bands are not permitted if rolling causes the midriff to be uncovered.
· Excessively tight or revealing clothing is not permitted unless covered with a top that reaches finger-tip length. Examples: leggings, jean leggings, yoga pants, and tights
All final decisions on the appropriateness will rest with campus administrators.
Dresses, skirts, and shorts
· Must allow students to be able to stand, sit, and/or bend with modesty.
· These items, when worn as the outer garment, shall extend at least to the tip of the middle finger when the arms are held straight at the side and the student is standing straight (without shrugging, bending, or stretching in an attempt to make the length work.)
· The top of any slits and/or holes in outer garments must be layered over another garment so that skin is not visible.
· Shorts must be of a non-revealing fabric or style. Spandex biker shorts, or boxer shorts, are not allowed.
· For reasons of health and safety, shoes must be worn at all times.
· Shoes with wheels and house shoes are prohibited.
· Properly fitted tennis shoes (with an enclosed back) are required for physical education classes.
Jewelry, Accessories and Make-up
· Body piercings or body piercing jewelry that causes a significant disruption to the learning environment is prohibited.
· Tattoos that are lewd, vulgar, violent, gang related, or depict profanity or prohibited items (i.e. alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products) must be covered at all times while in the classroom, on school grounds, or at school activities or school sponsored events.
· Chains, including wallet chains, are not allowed.
· Spiked jewelry or jewelry that is noisy, causes a distraction, or that could be dangerous to the student or other individuals is prohibited (i.e. necklaces made out of safety pins and chain links).
· Contacts that are an unnatural eye color (i.e. purple), “wild eye” contacts, or contacts that alter the normal shape and look of the pupil are prohibited.
· Sunglasses or other eyewear that is not for a medical reason is prohibited from being worn inside school buildings.
· Students are not permitted to excessively write on skin and/or clothing items.
· Ultra wild makeup is prohibited.