2020 Tax Statements
- Notify HR if you need to change your address, to ensure your 2021 Tax Statement(s) will be mailed to a valid/current address.
- 2020 W-2s will be mailed to employee’s home address and available online via Munis Employee Self Service (ESS) by 2/01/2021.
- 2020 1095s (ACA health offer/coverage) tax statement will be mailed to employee’s home address and available online via Munis Employee Self Service (ESS) by 3/02/2021.
- For employees without the ability to access ESS, requests for a duplicate copy of 2020 Tax Statements will be honored after 2/28/2021 (to allow time for post office delivery).
Federal Income Tax Withholding
- Need assistance, go to IRS Tax Withholding Estimator for Employees
- Submit a paper W-4 Form 2021 to Payroll, or submit a request online via Employee Self Service (ESS). To ensure timely processing, submit at least five business days prior to your next Pay Date.
Absent for COVID-19?
- If absent from work due to a reason related to COVID-19, please contact your supervisor as soon as possible, to ensure your absence reason is accurately processed in Frontline or Kronos.
Munis Employee Self Service (ESS)
- Employee access to Pay/Tax Information to view/print: YTD information, W-2s, 1095s, W-4, Paycheck Simulator, Direct Deposit. See below for more information.
Forms / Important Information
(Information may change/online is most recent version)
CISD Work Calendar July 2020 to June 2021
CISD Work Calendar August 2020 to July 2021
CISD Work Calendar September 2020 to August 2021
Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Employment After TRS Retirement Limits FY2021
TRS Surcharge may be due for Retiree Working More than One-Half Time
Employee Self Service (ESS) – User Name – first letter of your first name, plus last name, all together
Password – FOR THE FIRST TIME – last four digits of your Social Security Number. After this, it will ask you to select a new password (keep in mind that your new password must meet the requirements listed on the screen). This will be your new password each time you log in after this initial time. If you forget your User Name or Password, use the available help feature. If you exceed the number of attempts, or lock yourself out, contact Technology.
How to access Munis ESS – external
How to access Munis ESS – internal
Direct Deposit Notification Email – Password – last four digits of your Social Security Number
Pay Dates for Biweekly Paid Employees FY 2021
Pay Dates for Monthly Paid Employees FY 2021
Rates TRS – Social Security – Medicare CY2021
Retirement Checklist – Canyon ISD TRS
Taxable Wage Calculations CY 2021
TRS Important Information
W-4 Form 2021 (may also submit via ESS)
- Beth Wilson, Payroll Accountant – 806-677-2666
- Biweekly payroll
- hourly-paid auxiliary employees
- Extra pay items for the above employees (Athletic Events, Region 16 Trainings)
- hourly-paid tutors not employed in another capacity with CISD
- TRS Reports (active TRS Retirees)
- Verifications of Employment for all CISD employees
- Mary E Neill (CPP), Payroll Specialist – 806-677-2653
- Monthly payroll
- Cafeteria Managers (non-exempt employees)
- Paraprofessionals (non-exempt employees)
- Professionals (exempt employees)
- Extra pay items for the above employees (Canyon Kids tutors, Homebound, Athletic Events, Coach Field Trips, Region 16 Trainings, Dual Credit Offerings-RHS/CHS for AC, substitute training pay: CRASE, Nurses)
- TRS Reports (active/inactive employees, except TRS Retirees)
- TRS-7 (Notice of Final Deposit before Retirement and School Official Certification of Salaries)
2020 Social Security Tax Withholding
On August 28, 2020, the IRS issued Notice 2020-65, allowing employers to temporarily defer withholding the employee’s portion of Social Security payroll taxes for pay periods starting Sept 1 through Dec 31, 2020, as directed by an Executive Order issued by President Donald Trump. Unless Congress passes additional legislation forgiving the repayment of this tax deferral, employees would be required to repay the taxes by doubling the employee’s Social Security tax paycheck withholding to 12.4 percent during the first four months of 2021.
Canyon ISD has decided not to stop the withholding of Social Security taxes from employees’ pay at this time. This decision was made due to the administrative challenges of implementing changes to our Munis payroll software on such short notice as well our concerns that this would potentially impose a financial burden on our employees during the first four months of 2021.In the event that Congress passes legislation forgiving the tax repayment or the Treasury Department issues guidance regarding the ability of employees to make individual choices regarding participation in this tax deferral, we will reassess this decision and employees will be promptly notified of changes. If you have any further questions, please contact Beth Wilson at 806-677-2666 or at email@example.com.