Canyon ISD offers half day Pre-Kindergarten classes on certain campuses to students who meet the following criteria:
- Resides in the Canyon ISD attendance area
- Is 4 years of age by September 1
- Qualifies for free or reduced lunch, OR
- Qualifies as a limited English proficient student (speaks another language and is not proficient in English)
- Qualifies if the child has a parent that is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or the child of a member of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
Please understand that parents must provide transportation to and from school.
Note: Any eligible Prekindergarten student should have independent bathroom skills (be toilet trained).
To begin the process for Pre-K registration, please fill out the pre-qualification form by clicking the link below. Once this has been approved, you will be contacted to complete the online registration process as a new student. Thank you!
To register, please bring:
- Proof of residency (lease agreement, purchase contract, current gas, water or electric bill)
- Current means within 30 days of registration
- If proof of residency is not in parent’s name, the parent must have special notarized form signed by residence owner
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- Child’s current immunization record
- Income information on all household members.
- Active duty military participation will require the following documents: Department of Defense Identification and a Statement of Service from the Adjutant General/Director of Human Resources or an official letter from a commander that he/she is active/mobilized.
- If the child is qualifying based on limited English language, an appointment will be set for testing.